I’m a simple girl with a simple routine. I wake up in the morning, make
my bed and then head for the bathroom. After that, I brush my teeth and shower.
Then I get dressed. My wardrobe consists of mainly oversized T-shirts,
jeans and dresses. Nothing too skimpy, nothing that shows skin. I also wear a
lot of sneakers and I have a collection of beanies.
Today, I decided to wear black jeans with an olive green shirt. I wore
a black beanie. I didn’t exactly care for earrings and all that jazz. The only
time I wore them was whenever Grandpa held an event. Thankfully, I’ve missed
all of those, so I can dress however I wish.
Humming happily, I exited my apartment and headed to the nearest waffle
house for breakfast.
Pancakes and a nice cup of tea sounds good.
As I walked along the street, nobody paid me any mind. I liked this,
being normal. Feeling like I fit in. When I first moved here, I didn’t. Not at
all. I stuck out like a sore thumb. Anyone could tell that I wasn’t from here.
Thank God for the internet.
What I didn’t know, I searched. Sure I had some missteps but I got over
it in a matter of time. If I couldn’t adapt, how was I gonna survive to look
for my future husband?
Jesus Mina, let’s not make ourselves sick this good
morning.
I’ve been having nightmares. The idea of Seojun being my first kiss, my
first and only sexual partner-
Ugh, gross.
I can’t imagine it. It’s disgusting. To think that someone who tortured
me all these years would be between my legs. I hated it. It was suffocating me.
Shaking that thought out of my head, I walked towards the cashier.
“Good morning, I’d like to have blueberry pancakes and a cup of tea.”
The cashier took my order and I paid for it. After waiting a bit, I received
my order and sat down in the corner seat. It was my favourite seat in this
entire establishment. I could just stay there all day.
Of course, I’d only stay there up until lunch.
I then took out my phone and proceeded to scroll on my social media. I
haven’t updated my official page since I moved here.
Now ask me if I’ve updated my secret account.
This account was filled with pictures of food, scenery and of course, Girl in Blue books and teasers of my
Nettoon adaptation. This account was immensely popular, mainly because I kept
the mystery. I never showed my face. Always my blue hair, or blue nails. That’s
the most they see of me.
Besides, the only people who recognized me were far away in Red Country.
Ah, this is life, perfection in itself.
Until a particular notification came up. My eyes widened as I read it.
Congratulations Fan in Blue!
You have won our True Blue contest. Your Nettoon
adaptation of “To Jaq” has been well received by Moon Publishing LLC as well as
the author herself…
Jesus Christ.
Nothing could prepare me for what I saw next.
…Girl in Blue. She has read one of your adaptations
and has insisted upon meeting you herself. To express your interest, please
come to Moon Publishing tomorrow, at 10 pm. Keep this message, as it is proof
that you are indeed Fan in Blue.
Looking forward to seeing you and, if all goes well,
working with you.
-Moon Publishing.
I put my phone down, my hands shaking.
When the fuck did I submit my stuff for that contest?
I headed for the contest page on Nettoon. And there, I saw how my stuff
was entered.
The comments under the page.
I never entered myself. I was too shy.
But my readers definitely weren’t.
“If Fan in Blue doesn’t win this contest, I’m fighting
this company” wrote one
user.
Jesus, talk about aggressive.
Fan in Blue for the win!
“Since Fan in Blue won’t enter, I’ll enter for her. Here’s
a link to all of her works.”
But I-
“Right! Since you’re posting the links, I’ll enter on
her behalf.”
If my ears were red, they were going to melt off. I was going to meet my
idol tomorrow. I can’t believe it.
There was no time to lose. Grabbing my cup, I finished the tea and took
my pancakes to go.
©
“What on Earth should I wear?” I cried.
As soon as I got home, I placed the pancakes in the fridge and rushed to
my room. I then proceeded to upturn my closet, tossing clothes as I go along.
No, no, no.
Those were my thoughts as I tossed clothing after clothing.
Too dark.
Too bright.
Too colourful.
Eventually, I gave up. My style is eccentric anyway. Which was why my
mind said yes at an anime T-shirt with a blue-haired character, blue jeans and
a white beanie. Of course, I’d be wearing white sneakers.
Ah, I could see it in my mind’s eye. Beautiful.
I’d braid my hair and pin it up neatly. I really wanted her to be
impressed by me. If there’s one thing I learned from growing up watching
Grandpa working, is that first impression always starts with appearance.
By the time I was finished choosing an outfit, it was lunch. Since I was
too tired to take the bus, I ordered from my app. Thank God for technology.
My lunch arrived a mere twenty minutes later. I thanked the delivery man
and paid, even adding a tip.
Then I opened the heavenly goodness, feeling my toes curl in pleasure as
the heavenly scent of chicken alfredo kissed my nose and filled my senses.
Grabbing a spoon and a plate, I deposited the contents from the
disposable container to a plate and placed into the microwave. I liked my food
the way I liked my showers: hot.
When it was finished, I simply settled down with a glass of water and
ate, moaning in delight as the flavour caressed my tongue. This restaurant was
well known for its delectable treats. If I was rich, I’d buy their entire
restaurant.
But…you are.
My grandfather is rich, I’m not. Something he never hesitates to remind
me, when he should be telling his grandsons who exhaust his money like it’s a
renewable resource.
I glanced at my phone, which was buzzing with an insane amount of
messages from news agencies, even studios. One message stood out.
Kaim Studios: It would be our honour to have you work
for us. Do stop by at our office at any time.
I was shocked if anything else. Word really did travel fast. Had anyone
told me that THE KAIM STUDIOS would be messaging me, requesting that I work for
them, I’d laugh.
But this was happening in real-time. All of this.
Calm down Mina, one thing at a time.
Indeed. First thing, Moon Publishing. Girl in Blue. Your idol. Focus.
Kaim Studios could wait.
Comments
Post a Comment